4.06.2006

Nice socks, George!

A wee bit of excitement this morning in the security line at IAH. I'm rubbing my eyes (it's 6:10 a.m. after all) and shuffling forward when I notice a well-dressed man in a straw hat reminiscent of the Woodrow Wilson era. He's carrying a Louis Vuitton bag (briefcase style, double buckle) and traveling with a large body guard type, who also has a Louis Vuitton bag (overnight style, with wheels). I've shopped enough bluefly to know if you've got LV, you're somebody. And he is! I confirm my suspicions with the nice woman checking boarding passes and she nods, yes it's George Foreman. Then she asks me, doesn't he have some kind of product? And it's all I can do to say "yes, grills" when it hits me that if only I had mine with me, maybe he would sign it. But no, it's in my checked luggage. Next time I'll know.

And what the heck, Mandisa's off Idol? I gotta start voting.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to have a dear friend call this morning and say, "check out Alaska Commuter's blog. It is updated and Alaska Commuter saw a famous person!"

So I checked and I am once again in awe of you.

I am suprised you did not run immediately into Brookstone and buy a grill look-a-like and have him sign that.

Soo Many Books

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger FlyRN said...

But does he carry his grills in an LV bag??
Hope all is well with you!

Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home