11.06.2005

Tips and Hints

An off-topic post today (seems that many of my readers are getting weary of all these pictures of mountains and scenic beauty). So, I thought I would share some tips and hints that might be useful or at least amusing. Dear readers, please email me your own tips and hints and I'll be happy to post them here for others to learn from and enjoy.

Portable Pharmaceuticals. When you buy new clothing that comes with an extra button or extra yarn (as if you are really going to sit down and darn that wool sweater you picked up on clearance), stash the extra button/yarn but put to good use the litte mini-ziploc bag it came in. Turns out that little baggie makes a very handy travel container for a handful of Advil or aspirin or your modern day pain reliever of choice. Works great for purses, backpacks, etc.

Crossed Legs. You never know when the next opportunity will come along. If you have the option, go.

Indirect Communication. When someone offers you a mint or a piece of chewing gum, don't try to guess their true motive. Yes, it could be kindness - but it's safer to assume you have very offensive breath. Therefore, always accept (with appropriate gratitude) that which is offered.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger SOAM said...

I swear, if you started this as a regular feature you could challenge that lady in the paper with the big hair . . . Henrietta?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home