8.11.2005

9 p.m. 70 and Sunny.

Another beautiful day here in Anchorage. Blue skies again...light breeze...cool mornings and warm days. I haven't seen a bear, yet, or even a moose, but I did read in the paper that a motorcyclist was quite surprised (and slightly injured) when a bear suddenly crossed the road in front of him, leaving behind a small chunk of bear fur and a totaled motorcycle. I also heard in the elevator at work that the berry-picking up in the mountains is supposed to be at its peak. So, acting on those tips, I may venture out this weekend and see if I can entice the bears to give me a real Alaska welcome by tossing out ripened berries while I run up (or down) a mountain trail. (Just kidding, Mom!!) But I do plan to get out of town this weekend to explore, maybe Homer or down toward Seward. Wherever that little Kia rental will take me!

Hope all are well. Btw, if you want to read about the bear, see http://www.alaska.com/inalaska/story/6798439p-6688147c.html

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger SOAM said...

Have fun with the bears and enjoy! It is nice, cool, and relaxing here in DC -- we don't envy that Alaska weather at all . . .

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your high temperature was our low temperature with heat index above 105! Send some of that cool down here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home